Saturday, April 16, 2011

Superfriends: We’re moving to Hong Kong!

April 2.

We left Coloane at around lunch time. The challenge of having a big group when traveling is the preparation time. That includes, waking up, taking turns in the toilet/ bathroom, eating, chikka. We arrived at the Ferry Terminal, bought our tickets and headed to the departure area. There weren’t too many passengers at that time so our transit was a breeze. Ferry ride, baby! It took us an hour to reach Hong Kong!
this is where we stayed in Coloane
 that's us in the ferry going to HK
We checked in at Cosmic Hostel. We chose the hostel because it was cheap and the location was a star. Just right along Nathan Rd. in Tsim Tsui. MTR exit is just around the corner. Malls, shops, fast food chains, everything is just right down the road. Cosmic Hostel is housed in Mirador Mansion. Just along the alley, there’s a foreign exchange counter, souvenir and fashion shops.

We didn’t waste our time. As soon as we checked in, we went to Mongkok! Please spell SHOPPING. J
 singers in Mongkok
 tired after shopping
 the crowd
i was already sleeping

We left Mongkok to witness the Symphony of Lights at Avenue of Stars. And oh, I was able to score a North Face backpack for Aldrin and a Nike sling pouch for me. North Face bag was at HK$345 and I haggled ‘til we close it at HKD210. I got my Nike sling pouch at HK$108. Exchange rate was HK$1.00=Php6.20. Quite a steal, right?
We rode the MTR to Tsim Sha Tsui and walked… walked… walked until we reach the Avenue of Stars. And there’s the Symphony of Lights. Spectacular! Imagine those tall buildings dancing.

 MTR Exit to the Avenue of Stars
Symphony of lights and the boat is passing by
walking our way to the ferry terminal. we're going to Central.
After the Symphony of Lights, we strolled through Salisbury Rd. until we get to the Ferry terminal to reach Central, Hong Kong Island. What’s the plan? Go to The Peak Tram. We reached the peak at 10:30pm. It was freakin’ cold that we ordered soup for our late dinner and took a taxi down to Central Station and rode again the MTR back to TST. As soon as we arrive at the hotel, we surely did hit the sack without a word.  Time check: 1am.

No comments: